Saturday 28 May 2016

Some women regret their abortions. That doesn't mean others shouldn't have the choice

Some women regret their abortions. That doesn't mean others shouldn't have the choice

This week, the wife of a Republican legislator did something you might find shocking: she wrote about having an abortion. Stephanie Chatfield, who is married to Michigan’s state representative Lee Chatfield, posted on Facebook about ending a pregnancy in high school after she was sexually assaulted at a party. “To tell you the truth, I desperately wish that I had the courage as a teenage girl to accept and welcome my child into this world,” she wrote. “But I didn’t, and I made a decision that I’ve thought about and regretted nearly every day since.”

Continue reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment